Chili and I are relaxing at home following our Christmas trip to the Bootheel. We (the parents and us) had a nice visit with representatives of various sides of our family during the 24 hours we were there. We enjoyed a relaxed lunch of Taco Soup with all the trimmings at Risco. I was the only Matlock cousin present, unfortunately. One Risco cousin couldn't get away from work and the other was under the weather. My dad and his brother regaled us with a few stories from their childhood, much to my amusement. I was surprised to learn (though I probably was told before) that my Matlock great-grandmother was a full-blooded Indian, perhaps Cherokee. Chili had to stay "garaged" during our dinner.
Onto Malden for a late-afternoon gathering at my Papaw's house. Several members of his second wife's family were there visiting. My cousin J. was also there. Of course, I had to eat again, doggone it! : ) Everyone enjoyed meeting Chili and she enjoyed meeting them back! I found a special Christmas collar with bells on it at Petco and she wore it well. It had a set of 4 matching "ankle bracelets" which also had bells on it but also which got chewed off by Chili so they didn't stay on he rlong. Chili enjoyed 2 long walks around the fields surrounding my Papaw's house before we left this morning. She's dozing on her bed near me right now and is apparently re-living the sights and smells she encountered because just emitted a series of moans and yelps.
Santa Claus brought me what I asked for, a gift card to Home Depot I will get my closet organized tomorrow, it looks like. He brought a new Panasonic cordless phone system for my parents from me. They also got a DVD apiece as a bonus stocking stuffer - this for Dad and this for Mom.
Chili shopped for me when I wasn't looking. This book showed up on my desk last week wrapped nicely and tagged "From Chili to Daddy John" I believe I know which co-worker to thank for this. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment