I've decided that I'm decidedly in favor of Monday holidays. Let's recap...
- I checked out the annual Gypsy Caravan event up at UMSL. It's a Memorial Day tradition in St. Louis, a benefit for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra. I'd never been before, so just to satisfy my curiosity, I drove up there. It was basically a giant flea market. You pay $5 to get in and shop around to your heart's content. I found a couple of people selling old carpenters' tools and other shop items; my dad might have found something he liked. Unfortunately, a torrential rainstorm descended and I got caught without raincoat or umbrella. I tried to wait it out but eventually gave up and walked back to my car, soaked almost to the skin.
- came home to eat lunch and watch the ballgame between the Cardinals and Brewers. It was a classic pitchers' duel between the Cardinals' ace Carpenter and the Brewers' young hurler Gallardo. The game went to extra innings tied 0-0, with the Brew Crew finally breaking through in their half of the 10th to win 1-0. Truly disappointing for the Birds.
- packed up Chili-dog and headed to Festus for dinner with the parents. We dined on pork steaks and all the trimmings, with oatmeal cookies, and strawberries à la mode for dessert. We watched old war movies on television after dinner. My bro and sis-in-law sent pictures of Lydia enjoying herself at the Lake of the Ozarks with her mama's family. She enjoyed being out on the water but wasn't thrilled about not being able to go wherever she wanted! : ) Such is life at 16 months old. I'm sitting for her Thursday night...
No comments:
Post a Comment