Wednesday, August 19, 2009

That D.D.S. guy...

Confession: I don't like going to the dentist.

Now, I know that hardly anyone ENJOYS visiting the dentist, but I REALLY don't like it. Never have. Probably started after a tooth-extraction experience when I was just a lad. I literally have to pray a silly little prayer for calm and courage before I get out of my car to go in, even just to get my teeth cleaned.

Today, however, something was different. I had a definite confidence that I didn't usually have. Perhaps it was due to my renewed focus on flossing, these past 6 months. My teeth cleaning was about as routine as it could be. A little gratuitous scraping with a sharp object, a little polish, a little floss. No cavities, see you in six months!

Wait, that was too easy. Something's up.

Well, maybe not. But I made my next cleaning appointment and hit the interstate quick before they could call me back.

I do think that it is great that my dental insurance covers these cleanings 100% No charge to me. That's awesome.

No comments: