
Happy Labor Day, folks....hope yours was whatever you wanted it to be!
I labored a bit on Labor Day. It started with me cutting the grass and just ended with a bit of home repair. The metal door guide that the sliding closet doors slide in in my office room came out of the doorframe and I had to re-anchor it into the plaster. Thank goodness Home Depot is nearby and open on Labor Day. I dare say I broke a sweat trying to wrangle the doors back into the guide.
In between those jobs, I spent the day in Festus. My parents cooked up lunch for my me, my bro/sis-in-law/adorable 20-month old niece Lydia, and my visiting cousin J from Malden. Of course, Chili had a happy day just being her doggie self with all of us. The above picture shows her happily en route to Festus in the back seat of my car.
On a side note, I picked up a great new book on Saturday. Grant Wahl's The Beckham Experiment tells the fascinating behind-the-scenes story of soccer player David Beckham's grand entrance into the American soccer scene back in 2007. Oh, my, an obscene amount of money changed hands to get him here. Oh, my.
1 comment:
But he's David Beckham isn't he worth any amount of money? The book sounds interesting.
Post a Comment