let's turn on the ol' iPod shuffle and see what comes up!
1) "Easy" - The Commodores - love Lionel Richie's vocals and the sweet guitar solo in the middle.
2) "Ridin' That Midnight Train" - Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Ricky Skaggs - hardcore, traditional bluegrass.
3) "Song From Holland" - The Innocence Mission - simple, plaintive ballad sung sweetly by Karen Peris.
4) "Street Life" - Herb Alpert - from the same album that produced "Rise" comes this slice of sweet disco soul.
5) "All Things Must Pass" - George Harrison - thanks to KDHX radio for turning me on to this classic tune.
6) "Yearning" - Basia - I think I'm shamed here! I am a closet Basia fan and love this track from her live album "Basia on Broadway" - Jay Beckenstein (Spyro Gyra) adds a sweet sax solo to the middle of the track.
7) "Todo que voce podia ser" - Milton Nascimento - some nice Brazilian jazz-pop from the early 1970s.
8) "After The Love Has Gone" - David Benoit and Russ Freeman - nice cover of this Earth, Wind & Fire classic.
9) "Alleluia" - Glad - great version of this beloved Randall Thompson choral anthem.
10) "She" - Elvis Costello - the theme song from the film "Notting Hill" - what can I say, I'm a sucker for a great love ballad. Elvis is in great voice on this number.
2 comments:
I always enjoy your posts John. I have been missing reading your stuff. I had my computer totally wiped off and re-formatted? is that the right term? anyway I lost all of my bookmarks! duh...forgot to write them down first or ask the tech guy to transfer them to my external hard drive. Anyway...I'm back. :) Kmom
hmmm...sorry to hear that. The tech guy should have backed up your important stuff somewhere if he was wiping and reloading your drive. Thanks for reading!
Post a Comment