Sunday, April 11, 2010

All I Ever Wanted...

apologies to The Go-Gos but I had a week of vacation last week.  Didn't go any place special, just stayed around and relaxed.  The highlights:

I managed a day out with a certain special niece and special parents on Tuesday.  Had my car in the shop for an (expensive!) repair all day on Thursday and spent that day cleaning up my back yard after the long winter.  The weather was gor-geous all week long so I tried to be outside as much as possible.  On Friday I spent most of the afternoon on a great bike ride.  Today I went to church, had lunch with my friend R and joined her for a few laps (walking) around Fenton City Park a couple of hours later.  I came home afterward and walked Chili-dog around the neighborhood.  I am tired tonight.

The STL Cardinals got the season off to a 5-2 start, winning 4 of 6 games on the road.  The offense is as explosive as everyone had hoped but the bullpen will ultimately make winning the NL Central division tougher than it should be, I think.  I received  a 10-game series of season tickets for this season as a Christmas gift and the first of the games is this Wednesday night.  I am looking forward to it!

A few pictures from my bike ride on Thursday afternoon:

No comments: