Monday, April 18, 2011

On Turning 37...

I turned 36 a year and a day ago.  If you'd have told me on that day that a year later I'd be engaged to marry someone and even wearing a Rockwood Summit t-shirt on the following year's birthday, I'd have labeled you "crazy."  Now, the proper Christian viewed-through-the-eyes-of-faith response to that prediction is "well, anything's possible with God!"  But a year ago, I couldn't have seen my life being where it is now.  Last year, I woke up on my birthday sick with a sudden sinus attack.  I determined to not let that get me down and attempted to conquer a new bike trail that went straight up and left me feeling worse for trying.  Later that day, I watched, alone, the Cardinals suffer through a 20-inning loss to the Mets on TV.  Notice all the "I's" in the preceding statements.

This year, I woke up feeling great and picked up my beautiful bride-to-be Renee and we headed off to church to worship together.  Afterward, we joined a group of friends for a delicious brunch.   We later joined my parents for a relaxing and delicious dinner at Sam's Steakhouse.  Notice that the preceding statements all included the word "we."

Life is definitely better lived with a lot of "we," I think.


No comments: