So here I am at work - it's just after 8 a.m. as I'm the guy who forgot to take today off ahead of time and whose work partner took it instead. Ah, well, at least it'll be quiet and I'm off at 4 p.m.
My Christmas shopping came to a successful conclusion last night. I called around to other Famous Barr stores in the area and found that the Galleria store had several Magic Bullets in stock. So after receiving early dismissal from work from my charitable boss I headed out into the sea of shoppers, for the love of Mom. I got it, and paid for them to wrap it up nice and pretty (rather than me doing it for free and it not be nice and pretty - I'm gift-wrapping deficient!) One last trip to the woodworkers store for a gift certificate for Dad and I was done. A little Burger King and a stress-relieving session at the Y topped off the day.
If you haven't had enough stale fruitcake this year, head on down to the Ed for today's tilt between the Rams and 49ers. 2 bad teams playing for nothing but pride, folks. The predictions in the paper read like "the Rams are bad but not as bad as the 49ers. " I remember when a Rams-49ers game was a really big deal because both teams were really good.
No comments:
Post a Comment