Sunday, February 18, 2007

Me On Skis, The End...

In retrospect, I'm really glad I was able to go on this vacation to Colorado. The long drives to and from and the air mattress I had to sleep on were really minor inconveniences. My ski school experience went just about as I thought it would. This year was all about learning and if I ever come back I imagine I'll have more fun. : ) The most satisfying parts of the trip were the many photo opportunities I had and the snowmobile tour at the end of the week.

Would I go again? Absolutely. Who wouldn't? It was a good vacation and a good way to get away from the daily routine. Did the skiing push me way out of my comfort zone? You bet. I should get out of there more often.

This trip worked largely because of the company I was with. My parents talked up this trip relentlessly and encouraged me during the ski school. They couldn't wait for me to see the mountains. The other couple on the trip were easy to travel and live with. They'd done this vacation for several years prior and they had the daily routine planned out so all I had to do was go with the flow.

They say I need to come back in the summer time for hiking and biking...I hope it's sooner rather than later!

No comments: