On Thursday we took a two-hour snowmobile tour of some of the beautiful wilderness of Colorado. We caught our ride in a nearby town and headed up into the back country. The van dropped us off at a base camp where we put on helmets and boots and got the required safety briefing. My dad reserved four snowmobiles for our group, which meant my mom rode piggyback on my snowmobile. The tour was guided so we wouldn't get lost on the trails. I had a blast navigating through some of the most beautiful wilderness I'd ever experienced. This feeling was mutual among the other members of our group. Unfortunately, my driving kept me from taking pictures but my dad did manage to get some, which are still on his camera. I will post some when I get copies.
We didn't get to do any snowshoeing because of the way the snowmobiling was timed. I did get in a nice afternoon hike on the bike trail that borders Lake Dillon. That evening we had a nice meal out at a local restaurant then packed up for the trip home.
The picture of above was taken from the snowmobile base camp after our tour ended. I also snapped a couple of pictures of Cooper the camp dog. He'll be in my Flickr set of pictures.
3 comments:
John, Glad you are back home safe and sound. Sounds as if you had a wonderful time. The pix are awsome. Through your expert writing, I feel as if I have taken a ski vacation, without the overpriced food, the sore muscles, and a few falls along the way, while sitting in my nice warm house. Aunt Betty
Glad you are home safe and sound.
Love the pix and the blow by blow discription.. (maybe that should fall by fall), I feel as I have been on a ski vacation, without having to leave the comforts of home. 7 bucks for a hot dog!!!
Third time I have tried to leave a comment....Glad you are home safe and sound. I really enjoyed reading your account of your vacation. The pix are awsome..
Post a Comment