Thursday, April 12, 2007

Too moderate for their tastes...

The Missouri Baptist Convention has given the "YOU'RE FIRED!" treatment to their (former) executive director David Clippard. The party line blathers on about his leadership style and temperament but the I believe he was too moderate and sensible for the conservatives' liking. You don't play ball with the Baptists, they'll give you (and/or your church) the boot.

................

Had a nice visit last night with my Uncle John, who resides in Florida with his wife and is rarely seen in these parts. We broke bread at Tucker's with my parents and Aunt Evelyn and Uncle Jim. Uncle J. was here on a return bratwurst run to Hermann, MO after staying there while in town for my brother's wedding a couple of years ago. He will spend today in my dad's basement wood shop building a shipping crate for a miter saw he bought through my dad last fall. He returns to warmer weather tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't happen to take a pic of uncle john did you? haven't seen him in years. i bet he and dad will have great day in the woodshop. by the way, your family seems to enjoy trips to places fro a particular food...ribs now brats....

John said...

I did not, unfortunately. Didn't even think of it! : ) I didn't know about the bratwurst thing until he mentioned it at dinner. Frankly, I didn't even know you could get bratwurst there. : )