- Four days and counting since we've seen the sun 'round these parts. Weatherman says no sun until at least Sunday...blah.
- Folks have been Maine-ing all week. I'm told my dad was sailing on his 60th birthday Monday. That really warms the ol' heart to think he was doing something he really loves on such a significant date in his life. And he was with my mom while doing it, so I think it was a good day for him.
- It's tremendously disappointing to watch the DODGERS take on the Phillies in the NLCS. The Cardinals laid a giant egg and got swept out their division series with the boys in blue last week. They never won again after clinching the Central division in Denver and carried a 6-game losing streak into the offseason. I saw it coming a mile away and was not surprised at their postseason failure I felt especially bad for my good friend R. who is a die-hard Cardinals fan.
- Chili-dog suffered her first real health issue since I've owned her, recently. Her right ear got infected with ear mites (or at least, their eggs), The HSMO vet knew just what to do and now doggie's ear is almost healed.
- I could be blogging daily, as my pal Jim B. is doing but I find that I just don't have that much to say. Much of my life is made up of routine, mundane stuff.
- Will be babysitting niece Lydia most Wednesday nights for a while. Her mom and dad are doing a small-group bible study so they've asked me to step in while they step out. I enjoy our time together...she's a neat little girl.
- This time last week, I was: watching the Cardinals lose to the Dodgers, the Mizzou Tigers (eventually!) lose to Nebraska, and the Blues lose to the Thrashers in hockey. When the Rams lost on Sunday, it completed a horrific week for St. Louis sports. None of our local pro teams won a game during the week.
- I've been discovering lots of good music courtesy of my local library branch. It's not just about the books and magazines, folks. They have lots of great CDs of all genres available for loan...it's the ultimate try-before-you-buy experience if you're a music lover like me.
1 comment:
85% of my entries are about mundane activities... 13% are things that seemed interesting... 2% are things that other people actually found interesting.
Post a Comment