- Friday night, I met my brother at the annual auto show at The Ed/America's Center. It always falls right around his birthday so it's something of a birthday tradition for him. We had a good time browsing the cars on display. He has McMillian blood so he knows a thing or two about cars and for that I was grateful. I'm not looking to buy anytime soon but it was nice to hear his opinions about what I might buy in the future. I believe he was disappointed by the conspicuous absence of higher-end cars like Infiniti, BMW, and Mercedes Benz. That was a telling reminder of the current state of economic affairs in our country.
- My mom called me early Saturday morning to invite me to The Magic House with her and
granddaughter/niece Lydia. My dad was unfortunately otherwise occupied so he couldn't come. I gladly accepted and the three of us set off from Lydia's house. We spent the morning there and then returned after lunch just before naptime! The three of us had a great time!
This is what she did when I asked her to smile as we were on our way to eat lunch. Almost too adorable for words! My dad got her that awesome hat.- Saturday night I participated in the 9th annual St. Louis Spikes trivia night. The Spikes are a semi-pro baseball team that an acquaintance of mine plays on. My team of trivia wonks hung in there in second place for most of the evening before fading at the end. The questions were a bit on the "out there" side. There was an entire category on income tax, for pete's sake! I did learn that babies are born without kneecaps (which I suppose makes them least likely to suffer a mob hit!) and that Honest Abe Lincoln started up this whole income tax thing to pay for, you guessed it, a war!! The little skirmish known as the Civil War. I am doing another trivia night with some of the same people next Saturday night so we get a chance to redeem ourselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment