So what happened as I my friend and I were walking back to my car after last night's ballgame? In which the Cardinals defeated the Mariners by the score of 4-2? The SEATTLE Mariners?
It began to rain.
Seriously. A rogue rainstorm appeared out of a previously tranquil sky and almost drenched us. We were safely inside my car before it began raining really hard.
Seattle brought their bad ball team AND rain into St. Louis. The weather had been wonderful throughout the game after midday thunderstorms rolled through the St. Louis region. The Cardinals played just as wonderfully, with pitcher Jeff Suppan making a successful re-appearance with the team after they took a dumpster-dive chance on him. He's still got the toolbox, but it remains to be seen what he does with it. I'm glad I got to see the great Ichiro Suzuki play against our great Albert Pujols. We managed to keep Ichiro in check but the Mariners gave up a 438-foot laser beam home run to AP.
No comments:
Post a Comment