I have not been blogging regularly....let's get caught up -
This past weekend was the wedding weekend for my friend Brad, he of the aforementioned small bachelor gathering. He and his lovely bride Tami were married at Old Orchard Church in St. Louis über-suburb Webster Groves. Old Orchard has been only around since 1981 but its building was built in 1897. It's a charming old stone building with a small sanctuary elegantly clad in refinished oak. The reception was held at Windows Off Washington, near downtown St. Louis. WOW and its twin Windows ON Washington are a series of elegant banquet rooms on the 10th floor of the City Museum building on Washington Ave. . Each room has a wall of windows with a walkout balcony. Our room faced the east, so I got a great view of the downtown skyline. I immediately noticed the Post-Dispatch building in the distance and shot some great pictures of it. I was a groomsman in the wedding party and I performed my duties well, dutifully. Everything about the day was great!
Pictures are here: Flickr
(oh, yes, there was dancing. much dancing. I danced. I danced much-ly. So much-ly that my calves were sore on Sunday. I blame the DJ - he didn't have to play "Brick House" and "Get Down Tonight" which never fail to move my body to start gyrating. (TASTEFULLY, MIND YOU!) Someone suggested I give lessons - my reply: "you can't teach what I do!," which is the truth.)
(oh yes, it was quite thrilling to be announced as a member of the wedding party. Everyone should enter a room to much applause and shouting at least once in their life!)
-----------
Got the bro/sis-in-law/niece moved into their newly-built home in Kirkwood over Memorial Day weekend. Niece Lydia has much more space within which to run around with merry abandon. Their home is much bigger than their little townhome in the city. There is work left to be done, repairs to be made, etc...but they're off to a fine start in a fine neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment