I'm on hiatus from work this week, first vacation of the year! I'm not headed to any destination more exotic than the greater St. Louis area, though. This week is just unplugging from the usual routine and tackling all those little things that haven't gotten done yet. Things such as lawn fertilization, garage-cleaning, cobweb eradication, etc... There are also some bike trails (and possibly some hiking trails) that have my name on them as well. I will also be able to join some some of my man-friends at Bandana's for dinner tomorrow night.
How do I know I timed this vacation just right? A minor crisis hit at work on Friday night right at 5:00 and a major crisis hit at work on Saturday morning. A computer unplugged at the wrong time and a network cable plugged into the wrong place make for tense times. Sometimes you just know it's time to get away.
Speaking of bike trails, I got out on Grant's Trail for the first time this year on Saturday evening (oh the joys of daylight savings time!). I'd gotten my bike ready to roll last Wednesday night at Sunset Cyclery and it was good to get back at it.
I experienced Blueberry Hill for the *ahem* first time last Thursday night. I know, I'm ashamed I've lived here 6 years and had not experienced it yet. It's a cool place to hang out if you're with a group of your friends. It was karaoke night in the basement Elvis Room, but I was still in my work clothes so I wasn't exactly dressed for that sort of crowd, so I declined multiple invitations to belt out a tune or two.
My church has gotten a new thing going called The Gathering - young professionals (age 19-35) meeting every other Sunday night for bible study and hang-out time. They wanted to attract singles and marrieds but it's been all singles so far. I've started going and it's been pretty cool so far. We started a Louie Giglio video series on dating, love, and life last night.
1 comment:
i hope you are enjoying your vacation. i do miss your little notes of big city excitement though. you have been slacking a bit. though nothing like kevin was! i'm waiting with a mighty anticipation for news of your trecks through the woods and all other vacation adventures. don't you come back on here and tell us you spent the week cleaning up your yard!
Post a Comment