It's Friday night and the promised rain is puncturing the dry air over us, finally.
I had a productive, relaxing week. Basement and garage have been tamed into a semblance of order. More importantly, I was able to get out and enjoy the near-perfect weather. Wednesday found me biking the trail at Jefferson Barracks Park. Along the way, I actually sat down under a tree and read a book, how quaint!
On Thursday I biked a trail in a recently-opened floodplain section of Cliff Cave Park. Many species of wildflowers were in bloom - I'll have to return with my camera. I stopped at the River Des Peres Trail afterwards. Beautification efforts along RDP Avenue have resulted in 3 pedestrian bridges being built to cross over the RDP into the Christy Greenway bike trail. I explored the greenway and then returned to hit the entire RDP bike trail, round-trip. I'd never done it front to back and it was a nice ride.
Today I drove out to the new Hamburg Trail near Weldon Spring, MO. It ends at a section of the Katy Trail that I rode last fall and I remembered seeing a sign for it at that time. The Hamburg Trail rides through forest glades with historical markers posted along the route. My legs got really tired near the end of the ride, so I knew it was time to let them rest awhile.
Now the rains will soon come and force me indoors for the weekend. I need to get out and look for new bed linens, anyway. I'll soon be re-doing my bedroom and my brother's old room with refinished wood floors and new paint. For some reason, I haven't seen many manly, non-frumpy, non-flowery bedding ensembles.
My Tunes updates tonight after this publishes.
3 comments:
wow, you gave me a fright there. the early description of clean basements and garages lead me to believe you had wasted your entire vacation doing things you had to do...you are bill macmillian's grandson and that gene runs deep! but on the next line you redeemed yourself and had some fun. good job. now i'm just waiting for the pictures.
Ah...unfortunately there are no pictures, as I travel light when I bike...usually just the essentials, water, cell phone, etc... Usually I pack my camera and binoculars when I'm out hiking. To that end, I've been waiting for just the right amount of sun to capture a certain scenic scene at sunset, so far it's been elusive. If I get it, I'll post it here.
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
Post a Comment