Haven't truly updated in a while, so here goes...
My home-improvement projects for the year are now done. My basement is waterproofed with two inside cracks sealed and an outside drainage system installed. I also had my driveway and front porch torn out and replaced. With these projects have come the inevitable inconveniences; the waterproofers plugged something into my outside electrical outlet that broke it and the post light wired into it. Hopefully that will get resolved this week. I also can't drive on the new driveway until Wednesday at the earliest so I'm parking in my front yard.
I hope all my readers appreciated their fathers appropriately today. I hosted a late afternoon dinner for my folks and bro/sis-in-law. Speaking of the bro/sis-in-law, they adopted a German Shorthaired Pointer pup named Ruby a few weeks ago and they brought her along. This pup is a female, 11 months old and weighs 45 pounds. As a typical GSP pup, she is full of energy and always ready to play. She is a handful but a lot of fun to have around. I can see she's a bit too young and active for my lifestyle so I definitely will shoot for a 2+ year old dog when I adopt a pooch.
(EDIT: whenever I think of Ruby, I automatically hear Kenny Rogers singing "Ruby, don't take your love to town" in my mind. creepy!)
(EDIT #2: Unfortunately Ruby had to be returned to the breeder from whence she came, due to allergy problems she inflicted on her new owners. : ( (6/27/07)
Congratulations to my friends J and G, married yesterday!
2 comments:
so you're an uncle! i must say she shows great focus on her task! she is pretty, but very busy it looks like. tell them congratulations.
oh, she's VERY busy! : ) she's basically a doggie toddler at this stage.
Post a Comment