Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Quick Trip to the Hometown...

I had the day off today because I have to cover the night shift this Saturday night. I decided to drive down and check in on the grandparents in Malden. It had been a couple of months, and even though my mom had just been down last week, they hadn't seen ME in a while. I had a nice visit with them and my uncle at his job. My grandpa and I spent some quality time grilling burgers on his Weber kettle for supper. Funny grandpa/grandson moment: his wife left us alone while she went to get some groceries for lunch and supper. I'm not the most talkative person in the world and my grandpa's communication skills have diminished since his stroke so there was a lot of silence but I know he appreciated me being there.

I stopped off and talked to my mom in Festus; I stayed a bit too long because on the way home I ran into a heavy rainstorm that made driving a bit tricky, shall we say. WOW that's an awful feeling, to be so blinded by a rainstorm that you can't tell where you're going. I prayed quickly and thankfully the rain stopped after about 10 minutes.

I arrived home to a nice surprise - my porch pillars were put back in place by the concrete contractor, after 2 weeks. Now, if they would only deliver the dirt to fill in where the concrete forms were....small victories, small victories.

No comments: