Poochquest '07 has finally come to a successful conclusion! This morning I adopted Chili from The Humane Society of Missouri's headquarters branch in St. Louis. Chili is a 4-year-old female Labrador/Weimeraner mixed breed. Her fur is chocolatey like a Lab's but has lots of lighter brown and white running through it. It turns golden in the sun. She weighs in at 64 lbs. I can already tell she's going to be a great dog. She was surrendered last week when her previous owners didn't have enough time to care for her. I first saw her last Friday after I returned Poncho to his shelter. HSMO's headquarters is right down the street so I stopped in to see the doggies. I knew when I saw her that she was special. I had to work Saturday and would be busy Sunday but if she survived the weekend (without being adopted) I wanted her. She was still there this morning and I snapped her up right after the shelter opened.
We've already explored my backyard and the inside of my house. One thing was apparent, the collar I bought was too big so we made our first trip to Petsmart together to exchange it. She does pull on the leash so I bought a head collar to try and stop that. Other than that, I think we'll have great fun together. She wants to be around me as much as possible but that's no problem as she just lays down beside me wherever I am. She doesn't seem to be too keen on toys just yet, though. I think I can bring her around!
More pictures here:
Chili
More pictures here:
Chili
2 comments:
hooray! mission well accomplished. she looks gorgeous. such a nice color and soft eyes. many happy hours of wandering together are probably in your future. maybe she will find a boyfriend that owns a girl!
Yay! Welcome, Chili! We look forward to hearing about your adventures.
Post a Comment