Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Heat Wave Claims Another Victim...

And this one hits way too close to home! : ) The fan stopped working on my home's outside A/C condenser unit this morning. The unit is of questionable age (i.e. it's OLD) and off-brand. Bottom line, the repairman couldn't replace the fan motor because it's so old and antiquated and I'm getting a whole new heating and air conditioner system. The system was old when I bought the house 7 years ago and was likely on its last legs anyway. I could have replaced just the outside unit, but risked dire incompatibility consequences down the road, so I decided to just bite the bullet and replace the entire system. I'll realize big savings with a modern, efficient gas furnace, anyway.

The company I called is a Christian-owned business and the repairman is a church-going guy so I feel certain they're not ripping me off. This is just one of those unexpected major expenses that always comes at the wrong time.

The blower motor still works but I'll be contacting the Matlock Hilton in Festus about overnight accomodations for a couple of nights until the new system gets installed.

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does mom get to look after chili while you are at work? that could be fun :) hope you're cool as a cucumber...or maybe even...chili? (heehee) by the weekend.

John said...

Fortunately I already had today off, but they will have to keep her tomorrow while I'm at work. They're amused to have her around and of course, happy to let met stay.