Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Say WHAT??...

I recently had need to get a root canal in one of my teeth re-treated (read: re-done) because some bacteria got in there somehow and started causing trouble. I previously blogged about my positive experience about that but one last little detail had to be taken care of. A temporary filling was left in place until I could go back to my regular dentist and get a permanent one to match the previously-existing crown.

So I say all that to say this: I went to get that done today. And my dentist did the filling without the numbing shot! Not that it mattered, since there was no nerve and therefore, I would feel nothing. But when he said I would not be getting the shot, I just about freaked out! Wow...when that drill fired up and I wasn't numb, it was a really weird sensation! But I felt nothing and was out of there in about 10 minutes.

I decided to drop in on the parents since I was already halfway there and had the whole day off. Their remodeling project is going very well and is on schedule. The new wood floor looks great and their kitchen is going to be very nice as well. I helped my dad build wreaths for the outside of their house and helped him hang them.

No comments: