Sunday, November 01, 2009

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong...

Ummm, can't you see I'm BUSY??

Okay, ONE picture!

...that's what her expressions seem to be saying. Her, of course is niece Lydia--22 months old in a few days. She was staying with grandma and grandpa for a couple days last week and I spent most of Friday afternoon and evening with her and them. She's wearing headphones and a pink bow in her hair while holding her 'blankie' in her arms with a half-eaten apple and a black ink pen in her hands. She's nothing if not busy (and cute!)

I was able to be there because I took my annual week of October vacation last week. I've started doing that in recent years because I love Fall weather and being out in it. This year the weather did NOT cooperate, with clouds and/or rain making for mostly dreary days. However, I did take it easy, raked leaves in the back yard, did a little shopping, took longer walks with the dog, etc...

(oh, and I picked out some spiffy new eyeglasses, too. After 6 years, I figured it was time. My eye guy gave me a new prescription at my recent annual exam. He swears I'll like it a lot!)

The sky cleared out nicely this weekend, though. Both days this weekend were picture-perfect. I got out and explored a couple of trails at Rockwoods Reservation yesterday. The air was crisp and the sun was bright. So. Nice. Today, the dog and I walked the length of the trail at Jefferson Barracks Park late in the afternoon. We stopped off at Cliff Cave Park on the way home so I could see how high the Mississippi River has gotten since the recent soaking rains have pushed it up over flood stage. It is indeed high.

2 comments:

Molly Page said...

Man, she's a cutie. I'm pretty jealous you get so much time with her!!!

Jennifer said...

John,

Lydia is adorable! You are right, her expressions give it all away!
I can't wait to see you guys again! I might be delivering Travis in about a week (hopefully)!
Take care,
Jennifer