On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for so many things, I could go on for days. Couldn't we all, if we really tried? Beyond the obvious faith, family, and friends, I am especially thankful for:
my niece Lydia
my dog Chili
my job, which pays me enough to keep a roof over our heads
my car, which a mechanic recently complimented on its running condition
health insurance, which is there even though I'm pretty healthy
music
the beauty of the earth
the glory of the skies
-- AND --
that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) and for the Rev. Mike Goodwin, who seared that verse forever in my consciousness in a powerful sermon way back in 1994.
Today, I will celebrate the holiday with a small gathering at my parents' house.
Guess I'd better figure out what I'm wearing.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
OH, OH, OH. I almost forgot -
Thanks also to all of you who take the time to read my blog. I truly appreciate your interest.
Seriously.
2 comments:
i never knew your dog's name was chili!
perfect dog name, eh? That's what her previous owners named her and I thought it was cool so I kept it.
Post a Comment