or so Mother Nature seems to have said to the air masses over the Midwest this week. The temperature has dropped nicely, at least for the time being. The heat wave of July is almost, almost a memory.
I had my regularly scheduled eye exam with my eye guy last week. He says my retinal tear healed nicely. It was a small tear, but worth fixing nonetheless. Even better, he says I should try to push back my retinal specialist's one-year exam another six months, since he has just now seen me. Somehow, my glasses prescription changed slightly for the better and I am shopping around for new frames. My eye guy's optical shop didn't have much to interest me and since they don't take my vision insurance anymore, well, thanks anyway!
Redecoration update: All eleven doors painted. The six closet doors installed very smoothly. However, the three bedroom doors, well, they gave my dad and I much difficulty, to put it nicely. Dad took them home to his shop and he assures me that he can make them all work. I got my new duvet cover cleaned and pressed because it came out of its package all rumpled up and it was bugging the heck out of me.
The parents and I met my brother and sister-in-law for dinner at Chuy Arzola's for dinner last evening. We hadn't seen them in over a month so it was good to re-connect for an hour or so. I ordered beef and cheese burritos served enchilada-style with chili and cheese. Delicious! Bro and sis-in-law are doing well and staying busy. They've got a vacation to Puerto Vallarta planned for their first anniversary in a couple of months.
Have to mention the Mark Lowry podcast again - his Wednesday edition (#79) features his two dogs, Beau and Stanley, wrestling it out in his living room. I found it very funny!
Cardinals update : The team's really struggling lately. Our starting pitching has holes in it and our relief pitching has been anything but a relief. Jimmy Ballgame is seeing more stars than fly balls lately and we're seriously bidding for 900-year-old David Wells to help us limp into the postseason. Desparate times call for desparate measures, I guess. It would be a shame for our brand new stadium to go dark this October.
Ah, but football season fast approaches and off I go to compete in Madden 2003! Yes it's old and out of date but I love it! : )
1 comment:
i don't even think we can charecterize it as a limp! i think someone is gonna have to drag our battle-weary old bodies across the finish line. and if we can struggle to our feet we get to play in the post-season. i fear for jimmy. this may spell retirement! the cards won't be the same without him
Post a Comment