...was the question asked as comment #4 in the post below, by kmom. : )
Well, yes, folks I am still alive; I slacked off on the ol' blog this week. A bit of review:
Monday night, my mom and dad came up to help me with more work on my bedroom. Mom made "Taco Soup" for supper (in my kitchen!)
I was off Wednesday, so I got in a good workout at the YMCA then my mom came up and helped me paint my family room. It ended up getting some redecoration along with the bedroom; new paint and vertical blinds for the sliding glass door. My dad came up later and installed new baseboards in my bedroom.
Wednesday night was the mock terrorism/disaster drill at Busch Stadium. It was an interesting, if underwhelming experience. I was a 'dry/evacuation' volunteer, which meant I did not get to be 'exposed' to any 'contaminants' and therefore needed no hosing off and was only evacuated from the stadium. I was sent to one of the party roooms (which are VERY nice, by the way) with 3 other people and we waited for the signal, then evacuated down to the street and out of the way of responding emergency agencies. Incidentally, while we were waiting to be briefed before the drill began, the actual Cardinals vs. Reds game was broadcast on the big screen. The assembled crowd of volunteers watched the game as if it were taking place in the stadium! : )
My cousin J. drove up for a visit on Friday. My parents and she met me for dinner at Tucker's on Friday evening, then we took in the IMAX 3-D version of "Superman Returns" at the local mega-plex. I can't recall the last time I saw anything in 3-D. It was a thrilling experience!
Don't look now, but another week is upon us... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment