Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Was There...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a, that's funny.. I was just a couple of blocks over in the new Chaivezt (sp?) center for a special presentation of the B&B, R Bros Circus. It was AWESOME!!! Nate loved it. We were warned to watch out for the "willie nelson" crowd. Was there a haze of smoke hanging over the crowd??? Just wondering..

Anonymous said...

so, how did you like Willie? when i saw him it was at the pyramid in Memphis and the crowd was huge. he was in fine voice and seemed to enjoy singing all his old favorites in such a fashion that it was impossible to sing along. he would change the tempo completely or vary it so much during the song that it achieved the same end. and he was clearly doing it on purpose!

John said...

it was quite the spectacle. He did this show just like you described. just came out and did whatever he wanted to do and the packed house ate it up. great time!

John said...

j_starbuck - I didn't notice a haze of smoke, but I did smell it from time to time!