Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Night Stream Of Consciousness...

- Last week I scolded Aaron Miles for his human battering ram impression. Tonight I praise him for his ability to distinguish between "clutch" and "choke." That's the way to do it, folks...if the opposing team walks two guys INTENTIONALLY to get to you, on the assumption that you'll fail, do the unthinkable, the unbelievable. A ninth-inning, walkoff grand salami? Oh, it felt good to be Aaron Miles this afternoon. Especially after playing a full nine innings in the convection oven of a St. Louis July.

- By the way, I never could get the clutch and choke thing down, so I've always stuck to automatic trannys....

- it must be election season; the campaign signs and mudslinger TV commercials are beginning to appear.

- gotta love an honest man who won't sell you something you don't need, even if you think you do. That happened to me yesterday and I was most impressed.

- Memo to my Chili-dog: you're strong and athletic but tree-climbing is not something you should attempt. That squirrel in our redbud tree was making sport of you last evening and it was most amusing. Honestly, did you really think you could launch yourself into that tree?

- John Coltrane was and is The Man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the Cards...never a dull moment. some of them may be un-dull in a bad way but never just dull.

I meant to tell Chili-dog happy adoption day so i will say it and express my hope that she didn't injure herself in her quest for fresh squirrel.

hlg said...

FIVE!