

- ...she's 7 months old now, folks. Miss Lydia Joy Matlock, my niece. enjoyed the extended visit yesterday with her and her mommy and daddy and grandma and grandpa. She's an active toddler now, curious about everything, crawling and exploring her world. See more of her here.
- if you haven't read the public service announcement below this post, stop reading this post and read it first. It's Important.
- Mikey Phelps just ain't right, folks. 8 gold medals? There's an overwhelming cynical sensation rising up inside of me that insists he's doping or he's wore a greased swim suit, but could it be that he's just that good? NBC is grateful for the millions who tuned in to follow him but I reckon viewership will tail off considerably now that he's done.
- I did catch the women's weightlifting finals yesterday. Wow...those are some big girls! kept waiting for their heads to explode under the weight of the barbells but alas,...
- the weather was GORGE-OUS all weekend. Wow...sunny skies, low humidity, mild temperatures. Yeah...
- had a positively pastoral Sunday afternoon today. sat out on my deck and devoured the Sunday paper crossword, then finished one of the two John Shore books I recently purchased.
- speaking of which, I can now recommend Shore's "Penguins, Pain, and the Whole Shebang: Why I Do The Things I Do" by God, as told to John Shore. Written as if God is talking to the nonbeliever, Shore mixes irreverent humor and solid theology to answer some of the most common questions nonbelievers have about the Christian faith. This week I'll tackle Shore's more provocative book, "I'm OK - You're Not: The Message We're Sending Nonbelievers and Why We Should Stop." Umm...OK.
7 comments:
um, she's a cutie pie. By the way, sorry about the credit card. ugh! How annoying. My bank is really on top of it and contacted me the one time I had that happen..granted, I don't really have any credit cards so that helps! HA!
Remember that SNL sketch where the weightlifter's arms just pull completely off when he's trying to lift too much weight and just spurt blood everywhere? That's all I can ever think about when I see the weightlifting competition. It's just unreal what those folks lift!
Bob
It's Wednesday.
what's Wednesday?
Not Sunday...post already.
I will NOT be goaded into posting. My blog's equilibrium is fragile and I dare not upset it.
: )
Fiddlesticks
Post a Comment