So yeah, today was a good day. traveled to Columbia, MO, enjoyed dinner with 15 people plus Chili-dog, enjoyed one slice each of pumpkin and apple pie for dessert. Weather was delightful. Baby Lydia was in a sunny mood for most of the day. She got lots of lovin' from both sets of grandparents all day long. Christmas card pictures were taken for my brother and his little family and me and my doggie. I had been disappointed that I forgot about having one made for this year so I'm glad we got it done. This year's will top last year's, folks, guaranteed. If you didn't receive one last year and would like one this year, e-mail me your address and I'll put you on the list. I snapped this picture while my Dad was taking family pictures of my brother, sis-in-law, and Lydia.Chili was a great doggie guest today, by the way. No other dogs came to dinner but she did have a run-in with the family cat, who crept out of the basement shadows for a moment. She and Chili stared each other down for a few seconds and when Chili made her move, the cat swiped her face with a de-clawed front paw. Chili jumped back in surprise and I jumped in to, um, save her. Otherwise, she stayed out of the way and generally behaved herself. Her tail wagged constantly so it may be sore for a few days!
Mad props to my brother for successfully smoking the Thanksgiving turkey this year.
I cranked up my iPod to pass the travel time. Pat Metheny Group's "(Cross The) Heartland" seemed immensely appropriate so that got a listen. Menahan Street Band's "Make The Road By Walking" positively pulsed through my earbuds. The groove grabs hold and just does not let go.)
No comments:
Post a Comment