Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sunday Night...

quickie tonight....not much time to say what little I have to say.

- full weekend:

- started the annual battle with the million leaves that have started dropping from my trees. 9 bags yesterday, many more to go before the season is over.

- hayride/bonfire last night. not truly a "country" hayride as we were only in suburban north St. Louis county and could see the lights of civilization at all times. did pass by a spooky cemetery, though. the weather was, um, cold but the bonfire was warm. many s'mores were created and consumed. I tried to emulate Bethany's technique and I think I was pretty successful.

- no rest for the weary, though. spent this afternoon and evening at the parents' house. They're having some work done on the ol' homeplace and needed me to pitch in and help get some things done so the work can start. after all the time they've spent at my place helping me out I was happy to help. Chili came along for doggie support.

- Niece Lydia turned 10 months old on election day. Happy Birthday, adorable one!

- My Jefferson County homeboy Jay Nixon, of DeSoto, MO did get the guvernorship. Kenny Hulshof's a nice guy but at his concession speech he looked like a guy who ran a race because someone told him to and gamely gave it his best shot. I don't think he was surprised at his loss. I feel sorry for the guy...he gave up his seat in Congress, only to lose his election.

- am contemplating a rare blog post on political matters re: the recent election. pray that I construct my thoughts carefully and, well, thoughtfully.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I don't know if my technique involved my back end near the fire ; ) but thanks for the shout out..ha!

John said...

check your e-mail for a response to this.. : )

Lynnea said...

I am curious on your political opinions.