Crisis Averted...
This is one of the two strips of metal strapping that attached my garage door opener to the ceiling of my garage. I was headed out to the YMCA tonight when I found that my garage door opener wouldn't open all the way. I flipped on the light and found the opener hanging precariously from just one metal strip, directly over my car. The other strip had finally given out, after at least 8 years (that broken end is where it was attached to the ceiling). I grabbed a ladder and managed to get it re-attached (with some silent prayer, thank you God!). This is when you're glad to have a Home Depot less than a mile from your house and that it's open late. I got the door opened and zipped over to buy a new strip of metal. Now it's bolted back in place securely and I am much relieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment