Monday, December 04, 2006

An old tradition revived...

Back in the day, my family's church in Malden, MO put on a pretty cool Christmas show. It involved putting singers inside a "living" Christmas tree for an unusual twist on the traditional Christmas cantata. The church stopped doing the show many years ago and the tree's pieces sat in a storage locker outside of town gathering dust.

Until this year, that is. My dad convinced the music minister to revive the show at their church. $1 later, the tree was sold. Read about it here:

Trim the Tree--With Singers!

I can't wait to see it come alive again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat that they sold it to them for $1. I saw that singing tree only one time, but I'm glad that the tradition will live on.

John said...

I was young when it was happening so I only have vague recollections of it. They were going to give it away to the other church but insurance liability concerns required the sale of it.