- "Wasn't that a mighty storm? Wasn't that a mighty storm in the mornin'?" The ghost of Ike barreled through the St. Louis area overnight and through the morning hours. Torrential rain and high winds did all the damage. Widespread flash fooding, power outages, downed tree limbs, etc... Chili and I survived mostly unscathed. Part of my backyard redbud tree was felled by the torrential rain and high winds. It was a matter of time before it went, anyway. The tree's been slowly rotting away and I think its time has finally come. Bummer.
- Wish I'd checked my church's website BEFORE I drove all the way up there and discovered services were canceled due to all the flooded roads. Happy ending though; ended up at my former church and found that a former staff pastor and counselor at my current church is now the senior pastor at my former church. Good to hear him preach again.
- Was traveling up the interstate to church this morning and a gigantic wooden boat-looking thing floated by. This old dude stuck his head out one of the windows and yelled out, "I TRIED TO WARN YOU, BUT DID YOU LISTEN???" Weird.
- Just an overall bad day for the St. Louis area. The aforementioned storm and its aftermath, the Rams' weekly beatdown, and the Cardinals getting swept by the lowly Pirates. Looks like it's really over for the Birds this time.
- Thank you, Chili-dog, for being mostly submissive yesterday while getting your nails clipped. You waited in line very patiently and behaved around the other dogs. Thanks to the good people of St. Louis REGAP for providing this service.
- Rented "Things We Lost In The Fire" last night. Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro were great in their lead roles. David Duchovny was, well, David Duchovny. I like BDT as an actor - have to check out some of his other movies.
- Never seen the QT station by my house run out of gas but it did last night.
- When approaching an obviously flash-flooded street or highway in your car, folks, take Sheriff Buford T. Justice's advice: "You can think about it, but D-O-O-N-'-T do it!"
4 comments:
Mmmmm...old guy in a boat yelling "I tried to warn you!" ? I'm a bit worried about your stress level John.
kmom - this was a tongue-in-cheek reference to Genesis 7! :-)
my stress level is normal, thanks for asking! Ha!
nice Noah reference...
Turn aroun', don't drown!!
Post a Comment