Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Night Stream Of Consciousness...

- So Rosetta Stone is the best Michael Phelps could do for an endorsement deal? This after owning the first week of the recent Olympics? A real head-scratcher. His commercials aren't even that great...

- Cardinals and Rams, bleh...The one thing the Cardinals had this year that the Rams don't is....A CHANCE...there I said it. gratuitous sports humor. Now I'm done talkin' about them...

- the Great Forest Park Ballon Race was, well, a gas, as it is every year. Chili enjoyed herself, I think. Neither of us enjoyed driving 'round and 'round the park looking for a place to park our chariot. and then the search for the perfect vantage point. we did well in that respect and got some super cool pictures. upon returning home, was too tired and hungry to go out again to catch Erin Bode in concert at the Old Webster Jazz and Blues Festival.

- started up BSF again a couple of weeks ago. it's me, another veteran BSFer, and 9 new guys in a group. I think my role has officially become the mentor (am I that old now?) to the younger guys in hopes that they will stick with it.

- how does my dog now weigh 72 pounds? had her to the HSMO vet clinic yesterday for a shot and butt-cleaning. put her on the scale and I couldn't believe my eyes; first, she actually sat still long enough for an accurate reading and second, the numbers that flashed across the digi-screen. She doesn't wolf down 2 bowls of food every day (i'm lucky if she eats one!) and we walk twice a day. maybe she needs longer, faster-paced walks?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

butt cleaning? Isn't that what the white carpet is for??? Our dog's only done that once as far as we can tell, we quickly took him to the vet so they could perform the "procedure".

John said...

she's done it on the white carpet and green grass...had to get it done on her at least 4 or 5 times since last summer.

Super Churchlady said...

Yea! Another BSF'er!!