Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday Night Stream Of Consciousness...

- fantastic fall weekend here in the midwest. sunny days and oh-so-just-right temperatures....lovelovelove it.

- Chili-dog and I had a dog-gone good time at the Purina Incredible Dog Challenge yesterday. She met lots of other dogs and got lots of lovin' from people. Wish I'd remembered to wear sunscreen, or at least a hat! Thank you God for Aloe Vera gel. Pictures are here.

- Happiness is warm peanut butter cookies, a glass of milk, and a winning MU football team on the tube. Thanks, Mom! (Chili-dog and I watched the game in Festus on the folks' big-screen TV.)

- great to see Mizzou blow up Nebraska but it would have been so much sweeter if the 'Huskers were actually a good team, as in years past. Tigers - shore up that pass defense and get ready for the Cowboys next week!

- A Disney animated movie actually won the box office wars this weekend. Yeah.

- No, I haven't watched the debates and don't plan to watch any future ones. I also don't understand all the fuss about the economy, either. That's why I couldn't do a business major in college, couldn't grasp the concepts of economics. Just keep it from crashing, boys, OK? BUT SERIOUSLY, the P-D's Dave Nicklaus wrote a very informative column for today's paper about what the problem is and why it happened. Check it out here.

- Won't say the recent rounds of layoffs at work didn't make people nervous, but it seems everyone's looking over their shoulder lately.

- I recently discovered a band from Seattle called Fleet Foxes. Recently, as in, like, last Thursday. Their debut record sounds like a collaboration between the Beach Boys and Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. It's stuck in my car's CD player at the moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niklaus wrote a good article I guess, but he failed to mention the promotion of the Community Reinvestment Act that was put in by Carter and expanded by Clinton. This act forced the banks to put out loans to people that couldn't pay for it citing that Fannie and Freddie would buy them right up. Which they did, and now the chickens have come home to roost. Not a sole reason of the economic crisis, but a major factor.

I'm sorry to hear about the uneasiness at the p-d lately. I personally don't like the paper for it's liberal slant on things but I still subscribe. It's hard to compete in the "new media" world.

Anonymous said...

i think Chili Dog has the energy for this kind of thing! i can just see her flying through the air after a Frisbee or long jumping into the water. go for it.

John said...

I'd think so too, but I haven't the faintest idea how to train her to do something like that and I wonder how she'd do trying to pick it up at her age...