- so after 4 years of owning a bike, I finally invested in a good cyclometer. I will now know my average speed and total mileage for each trip. why wasn't this important to me before?
- mizzou football = disappointing. The 'Horns schooled them but good last night on national TV. all that national championship and heisman talk was foolish, to begin with. you don't ascend that high, that fast after so many years of bad-ness. Reality=they're the sixth best team in the Big 12. How bad do you want it, guys?
- Who was that team that stomped the Cowboys today? That QB that filled in for Romo couldn't have been any more immobile if he was the Statue of Liberty.
- I think Chili enjoyed her her first-ever trip to Kirkwood Park yesterday morning. She surely was interested in the ducks that inhabit Walker Lake. Sans leash, she would have taken a swim to meet them.
- random freaky fact: the husband and wife who managed the Ponderosa Steakhouse I worked at in high school live down the street and around the corner from me. Discovered that when their dog ran out in the street to meet Chili-dog during our walk tonight. The man was, um, frustrated at his dog and yelled at it and kicked it in the ribs to get it back across the street. He obviously didn't remember me and I didn't feel like making a scene so we just walked on.
- knew that a video of the two St. Louis fire trucks colliding would be YouTube-d at some point...sure enough here it is.
- sure am enjoying the new Ray LaMontagne CD...the voice, the voice.
5 comments:
did you see the guy just past the intersection? he just barely moved when the accident happened and then just turned his back and walked on in the aftermath. hope he never needs a fireman. he might be a little more interested in the condition of the men in that truck.
actually, now that I look at it again, his body language seems to indicate he was afraid of getting hit by flying debris or the truck itself. I imagine he came back right away.
Ponderosa, really? --I only remember you mixing paint at Walmart.
if that's the only job you remember me having, that's just fine with me. I started at Ponderosa before my senior year in high school (1991!) and stayed until I got hired at Wal-Mart in March, 1993 with the new Supercenter opening.
Yeah, I don't remember it at all. Odd, that wal mart supercenter gave me my first job in June 94.
Post a Comment