Chili-dog and I took advantage of a perfect Fall afternoon to explore some trails down south. I packed up the car and we headed down to Ste. Genevieve County. We lunched at Hawn State Park, then drove a little further over to Pickle Springs Natural Area, and finished with a short trek at Hickory Canyons Natural Area.
Pickle Springs has a WOW! factor for scenery of 10+, folks. I've been meaning to check it out for a a while but never took the time to drive down. Hickory Canyon's main attractions are its magnificent box canyons which appear almost out of nowhere.
I knew I picked the right place to hike today when, about 3/4 of the way down the trail at Pickle Springs, I happened upon Post-Dispatch travel writer extraordinaire Tom Uhlenbrock and his wife. When it comes to interesting places, Tom has been there, seen that. He highly recommended one of the long trails at Hawn State Park. I'll have to get back there soon.
Pictures are here at my Flickr page.
No comments:
Post a Comment