Enjoyed a great show last night with my old friend S. whom my brother and I met shortly after joining BSF in 2001. He now lifts weights regularly with my brother and also accompanies us to concerts every now and then. I had a message from S. on Thursday reminding me that the Lost Dogs were coming to Roxana, IL on their 3-week summer tour. They're touring a new album and I hadn't seen them in a few years, so we drove over to the east side last night.
Interested readers can look here for background information on the band. I've been following them since their first album in 1992. I was a high school senior, not supposed to know or care what was happening in west-coast Christian music, but somehow I did. Their music grabbed me and I began expanding my musical horizons to include their other bands and side projects.
The major Christian record labels stopped caring about them a few years ago but they've soldiered on, playing to a well-rooted fan base. Last night's show brought in only about 30 or 40 fans but they gave a great performance, nonetheless. For $10, it couldn't be beat. Besides, what else is going on in Roxana, IL on a Friday night?
I snapped some pictures, whice are posted here.
No comments:
Post a Comment