There are a couple of video podcasts that I watch regularly. The Mark Lowry Show is produced by--you guessed it--Christian entertainer Mark Lowry. Through that podcast I learned of Geekbrief.tv, which features Cali Lewis, who briefly goes over new gadgets and tech-geek stuff every day. Bonus: She features each day's bloopers at the end of each show!
.................
So I'm thinking seriously about getting a dog. An adult dog who already knows how to be a dog, is trained properly, etc... The house is just a little too quiet for comfort and I need something to keep me from descending into couch potato land too often. I've been trolling the various local breed-rescue websites and also Petfinder to see what's available.
4 comments:
by all means check the greyhound rescue people. they are lovely dogs and not hyper at all. very couch friendly and yet love some action everyday. kevin and laurie are dying to get one but their house is too small with a baby and all. at least check out the breed.
I hadn't checked their rescue websites lately - thanks for reminding me. The one bad thing about greys is they have a tendency to take off if they spot something in the distance, I believe, but I could be wrong.
you are right they do have a genetic tendancy in that direction. however they do attempt to deal with that before they are adopted if i remember correctly. check with kevin for the name of the group they have been in contact with. he knows way more about it than i do.
We absolutely know that a dog will be a part of our family some day... probably after all the other members of our family can take care of their own toileting needs.
We've seen at least two dogs in our lifetime that we know were "meant" to be ours and were sad that we couldn't take 'em home. Both were mutts. We think that's what we'll end up getting.
Good luck with your search!
Post a Comment