Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Moment of Silence...

...for the man who developed the Blizzard and Full Meal Deal for Dairy Queen. Sam Temperato passed away on Friday at the age of 82. He was a Dairy Queen franchiser in the St. Louis area who introduced those products to the DQ menu in the mid-1980s. As one who has consumed many, many Blizzards and Full Meal Deals over the years, I say, "Thanks, Sam!"

Read his obituary feature here.

--------

In other news, my secret's out, accidentally, it seems. For no particular good reason, I never got around to telling my parents about this little blog. At lunch today I was beginning to describe my Cardinals experience from Friday night. As I did, my dad mentioned that he'd read about it in my blog! I was a little afraid of their reaction, but there was none to speak of. He said he'd found it accidentally. So, welcome to my mom and dad as new faithful readers!

--------

In still other news, the new Pottery Barn catalog is out and they are featuring this new bedding ensemble - I think it'd look great in my bedroom, what do my readers think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,Go for it! That bedroom ensemble looks great and will definitely fit your bedroom! I hopw you are doing well! I am, still taking that HARD math class this summer, I have a B in there right now, so I guess I am doing halfway decent in the class. I just want it to end! I have 3 weeks til it is over! Thank Goodness! I gave my testimony tonight at church and I think I did alright! Of course, I cried, but, that is to be expected, I suppose! Take care and I hope to see you soon!

1UP RPG said...

Thanks for sharing that bit of info. Was the Full Meal Deal the first "combo meal?" Man, I used to love getting those back in Malden. And Lord knows I love me some Blizzard!

Your mention of your parents made me thik of this (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30007) which I just read on The Onion. At least you don't have to worry like that guy! :)

Bob

John said...

"I just want it to end!" - I believe I said those exact words during every math class I ever took! As you may remember, math was never any fun for me. My virtual hat is off to you for hanging in there this sumer. I'm sure you'll finish strong!

Check your e-mail!

John said...

Bob -

The story didn't say if the FMD was the first combo meal, but I assume it was.

The Malden DQ - that's what I thought of as I read the story. I have a lot of good memories associated with it, for sure.